Do you have a commercial property that needs demolition?
Colorado Cleanup Corporation completed the demolition of the former Gates Rubber Plant Units 10, 11, 41 and Central Power plant. The shuttered plant had been vacated for nearly 10 years and was becoming a liability for the owner. CCC was able to provide solutions to get the plant removed and be able to attract a buyer for future redevelopment.
CCC demolished 1,250,000 sf of buildings utilizing two high reach excavators and concrete processing equipment. The structures were 9-12” thick pour in place concrete slabs with reinforcing steel. Each building stood 5 to 6 stories in height.
CCC was able to safely engineer and salvage the water tower per Denver Landmark’s requirements. All the concrete from the structures were considered contaminated and had to be treated as special waste and disposed of in a subtitle D landfill.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Removal of (8) 11,000-gallon underground storage tanks
- Salvage of Historic Gates Water Tower
- Import fill for basement
- Export 7,400 loads of building materials
- CCC performed all storm water permitting, inspections and maintenance
- Demolition and removal of (4) industrial buildings